What do I Need to do?

If you think you may have been wronged by your employer, the first step you should take is to contact Gold Star Law. You need to be aware that there are time limitations that may be applicable to your claim, whether imposed by law or by your employer. The sooner you contact us, the better chance you have of preserving your rights and obtaining a favorable outcome.

If we schedule you for a consultation at our office, we will tell you what documents to bring. We will typically require copies of employment records such as your personnel file, which you are entitled to obtain from your employer. For information regarding your right to your personnel file and how to obtain it, click here.

After meeting with you, we will assess your case and decide how to proceed. If we take your case, your further cooperation will be expected, which may include additional meetings, gathering or helping us gather information, appearances at legal proceedings as necessary, and prompt communication at all times. Your assistance is a key factor to us providing you with superior legal representation. It is your case, and your cooperation is needed to achieve the best result for you.