Do you need a relatable, experienced FMLA lawyer?
The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) lawyers at Gold Star Law understand that no person should have to decide between their family’s health and their job. Whether you’re facing pregnancy discrimination, or being forced to choose between a sick family member or keeping your job, the Gold Star team is well versed in the Family Medical Leave Act.
The FMLA provides for leave to deal with issues such as…
- Serious illness of children or other family members
- Serious injury or illness of the employee
The FMLA protects your right to return to work after your leave without a decrease in your pay or benefits. It also protects you against demotion, wrongful termination, and other forms of retaliation. Your employer cannot deny you the leave that you deserve or punish you for exercising your right to FMLA leave. However, not every employee qualifies for FMLA protection. In order for you to have FMLA protection, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must have worked for your employer for at least one year;
- Within the past year, you must have worked a minimum of 1,250 hours;
- Your medical leave must be for a qualified reason, such as those listed above; and
- You must work for an employer that has at least 50 employees within a 75 mile radius.
If you believe that your employer’s treatment of you is a violation of the FMLA, we encourage you to contact us for a free, confidential consultation.
For more information on the FMLA, you can check out some of our articles by clicking below: